Thursday, January 15, 2009
Bikes for sale!
So Scheels in Rapid is moving out of the mall to their own store. And to minimize the cost of moving all their merchandise they put almost everything in the store on sale. Then said it is 15% off the sale price. THEN said its 30% off the sale price. So I decided I wanted a road bike to ride for fun and a good workout. They had a pretty good Trek that would be like $385, and retailed for $750. I decided its too good of a deal to pass up and thought I could make a little if I sold one (they had four) on ebay. So the first day of their 30% off I was there at open, and made a mad dash to the bike section (they sold probably 10 bikes in the first 15 minutes). I bought two, one for me and one for the ebay. Then after being listed for only 12 hours the bike already had a bid for $400. After talking to Christine, and then Andrew (Andrew had me by him like $250 worth of stuff that he had been wanting to get their first day of 30% off the sale price) I went back and bought another two bikes, one for Andrew to sell on ebay and another for me to sell. So after multiple trips to Scheels I spend $1943.23 between stuff for me and Andrew. My first bike has 2 days and 19 hours left and is at $575. If I sell each bike for at least $613 then the bike I keep will be free, and if Andrew sells his for at least $650 then all the other stuff he bought will be free. So lets hope Ebay treats us well. I will update how each bike sells..JPG)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Dang!! You guys are so funny and smart!!! Good thinking!!
Post a Comment